CONFERENCE 5th MAY 2018 8am to 5pm
MASTERMIND 6th May 2018 9am to 1pm
SYDNEY CBD AUSTRALIA
10 + SPEAKERS AND INDUSTRY LEADERS
The Copywriting ConferenceHelping you take your copywriting business to the next level
The conference by copywriters for copywriters
Australia’s second dedicated copywriting conference is here: The 2018 Copywriting Conference Australia on May 6th in Sydney.
And it’s jam-packed with content to help you build a better business, learn new copywriting skills, and grow your revenue.
This is your chance to truly embrace your copywriting career, whether in-house or as a freelancer. And you’ll also get to meet other copywriters, share your highs and woes, and become part of the copywriting community.
We’ve picked some of Australia’s most successful copywriters to bring you the topics that matter most. No fluff. No filler. Just an entire day of seriously helpful content.
THE TAKE AWAYS
So what will you take away from The Copywriting Conference? Sure we’ll have the traditional goodie bags and heaps of free mints. But that’s not what I’m talking about.
Attending a conference like this can change your copywriting career by helping you:
- Understand how you can compete in a world full of low-pay freelancer sites
- Decide whether you’re better off as a niche or a generalist copywriter
- Build confidence when writing everything from sales copy to press releases and more
- Find out how to get more work with agencies and big brands
- Learn how to build your authority through the power of videos and awards
- Hear real-life stories from other copywriters just like you
- Feel confident about tackling bigger, more complex projects
And of course, it’s a great opportunity to mingle with other copywriters, share ideas, and make new contacts. It’s time to step out from behind your screen and meet other copywriters in the flesh!
SPEAKER SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN
If you have a topic you’d like to talk on at CopyCon let us know.
Kate Toon is an award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with almost two decades of experience in all things advertising, digital and writing. Originally from the UK, but now based just outside Sydney, Kate has worked with big brands such as eHarmony, Curash and Kmart.
She’s also helped countless small businesses produce great content and improve their copywriting and SEO.
Kate is the founder of The Clever Copywriting School and The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse, host of The Recipe for SEO Success podcast and co-host on the Hot Copy podcast. She also presents the Write for Business show for Dale Beaumont’s Business Blueprint channel.
Kelly Exeter is the editor of Flying Solo, the owner of Swish Design, and is the author of three books. She also pens a popular self-improvement blog called A Life Less Frantic, and is the co-host of two podcasts: Straight and Curly, and Let it Be.
If you’re thinking that someone who has that much on their plate must be highly productive, you’d be right. And Kelly looks forward to helping you boost your productivity, too.
Glenn is a specialist website copywriter, and the author of ‘SEO Secrets’ and ‘Practical SEO Copywriting’. He runs the Australian copywriting and design studio, Divine Write.
During his 23-year career, Glenn has worked for some of the world’s biggest brands including Toyota, IBM, Virgin, Honeywell, Westpac, Commonwealth Bank, Telstra and BigPond.
Before starting Divine Write, Glenn worked as a technical writer in the software industry for nine years, writing manuals and online help. He has a Master of Arts in International Communication and a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Linguistics. He’s a father of three, an opportunistic reader, and a bit of a geek.
|8.30am||10 mins||TABLE MEET AND GREET||GET TO KNOW YOUR TABLE BUDDIES|
|8.40 – 9.00 am||20 mins||KATE TOON||OPENING REMARKS : MY COPYWRITING EVOLUTION|
|9.00 – 9.40 am||40 mins||KELLY EXETER||HOW TO EDIT : A STEP BY STEP GUIDE|
|9.40 – 10.20 am||40 mins||TBC||TBC|
|10.20 – 10.50 am||30 mins||MORNING TEA BREAK|
|10.50 – 11.30 am||40 mins||TBC||TBC|
|11.30 – 12.10 am||40 mins||TBC||TBC|
|12.10 – 12.40 pm||30 mins||KATE TOON AND GLENN MURRAY||Q&A: GOOD COPY (WRITER) / BAD COPY (WRITER)|
|12.40 – 1.40 pm||60 min||LUNCH BREAK|
|1.40 – 1.50 pm||10 mins||TCCS COMMUNITY MEMBER TBC||MY COPYWRITING STORY|
|1.50 – 2.20pm||30 mins||TBC||TBC|
|2.20 – 2.50pm||30 mins||TBC||TBC|
|2.50 – 3.20pm||30 mins||AFTERNOON TEA BREAK|
|3.20 – 4.00pm||40 mins||ROBERT GERRISH||DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CLIENTS|
|4.00 – 4.40pm||40 mins||TBC||TBC|
|4.40 – 5.00pm||20 mins||KATE TOON||WRAP|
Details coming soon.
Details coming soon.
When and where is the conference?
Do I need to be a professional copywriter to attend?
Will there be Internet access at the conference?
What is the schedule?
The focus of the event is helping you set up or improve your copywriting business, rather than learning particular writing skills.
Are meals provided at the conference?
- Morning and Afternoon Tea breaks with refreshments are provided on the day as well as a buffet lunch.
- The menu includes:
Poached Chicken Breast with Ratatouille (GF)
Battered Fish/Crumbed Fish Cutlets
Handcut Wedges (GF) (V)
Vegetarian Pasta (V)
Roast pumpkin, spinach and sun dried tomato salad (GF)(V)
Spiced Quinoa Salad (GF) (V)
Fruit & Cheese Platters
Assorted Chefs Pastries
- The optional Networking Party will be announced shortly – open to ticket holders only. No set fee just turn up and buy what you want (but hopefully some drinks behind the bar when we find a generous sponsor!)
Can I bring my child/ren to the event
What do I need to bring with me?
Can I claim the event as a taxable expense?
What's the dress code?
Are there student, government, group, nonprofit or concession discounts?
How do I buy a ticket on Eventbrite?
Please take a moment to check your email address carefully – it’s easy to mistype and miss out on your ticket confirmation
Once you’ve filled in the registration form you’ll find the Purchase Ticket section at the end.
Click on the ‘Paypal Check out’ button to pay which will take you to PayPal’s secure checkout. Remember you do not need a Paypal account. Paypal accepts payments using Visa, MasterCard, American Express or your PayPal account.
We do not accept bank transfers, cheques or any other offline payment, nor can we invoice you for the ticket prior to purchase. If you’re having trouble with registration just shoot an email to email@example.com
If you require a tax invoice please ensure you fill in the relevant business/individual name and address in the order form.
How can we become an event sponsor?
Where can I stay nearby?
What food options will be available?
How accessible is the venue?
Is there parking nearby?
What's the refund policy?
The right is reserved to vary advertised schedules to add, withdraw or substitute speakers and sessions where necessary.
Do you have an affiliate program?
Terms and conditions
- Tickets are sold by Kate Toon as the event organiser of the The Copywriting Conference.
- Kate Toon is GST Registered, all ticket prices include GST (ABN 88509898967).
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to be aware of the terms and/or changes.
- No person/s, at any time, can use, copy, record, sell or publicly broadcast all, or any part of, The Copywriting Conference.
- Ticket Prices
- Early Bird tickets will be available from 10 November 2016 until MIDNIGHT 31st December 2016, unless sold out.
- There are only 50 tickets available at this price.
- Standard tickets will be available from 1st January until 6pm on 8 April 2017, unless sold out.
- Registration Forms and Payment
- Price and ticket availability information is subject to change without notice.
- Tickets can be printed from your Eventbrite email, once the purchase process has been completed.
- The Event Organisers cannot be responsible for spam filters blocking confirmation emails. If you have not received confirmation of your purchase within 48 hours please contact us using the contact form.
- Accommodation costs are not included in the conference registration fee. Attendees are responsible for making their own lodging and travel arrangements.
- Registrations will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All ticket holders are responsible for keeping their contact details up to date via their account on the event website.
- Event attendees are to arrive at the conference venue by 8am for registration on the day of the event.
- Ticket Policy
- Tickets may only be purchased via the The Copywriting Conference and Eventbrite websites. Tickets purchased from other sources are not valid.
- All tickets sales are final and subject to these terms and conditions.
- You may nominate a substitute to take your place at the conference at any time up to 1 April 2017.
- If you wish to substitute a participant, please contact the Event Organiser at the earliest opportunity by contact using the contact form.
- Event Organisers will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen; you are still able to attend the conference, provided you are able to supply photo identification upon arrival.
- Tickets will not be available at the event.
- Ticket prices are subject to change at any time.
- Ticket prices are subject to GST and the Eventbrite ticket fee.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket prices do not include parking allowance at or near the venue.
- In the event that the event is cancelled, ticket holders will receive a full refund minus any bank or administrative fees incurred by the event organiser for receiving the original ticket payment. Refunds will be paid within 30 days of the event cancellation announcement.
- Conference Programme
- The Copywriting Conference programme, presenters and speakers are subject to change at any time, without notice.
- Participation and Behaviour at Conference Meetings and Activities
- Conference attendees are expected to behave professionally at all times whilst at the Event or the venue. Use of obscene or offensive language, abuse, destructive or threatening behaviour directed at any other person is not acceptable and will result in the attendee(s) concerned being barred from returning to The Copywriting Conference. Persons expelled from the event are not liable for refund or compensation of any kind from the Event Organiser.
- Permission to capture and use images, audio and video from the Event and venue
- Ticket holders agree to the Event being filmed and/or recorded by the Event Organiser.
- Ticket holders agree to use of still photographs, video and audio from all Event sessions and activities by the Event Organiser to promote the 2017 and any future The Copywriting Conference events.
- Unless explicit request is made to the Event Organiser, ticket holders agree to use of images, audio or video across any and all channels including print, online and social media.
- Your privacy is very important to us and we are committed to protecting the integrity of the personal information we collect from you.
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and the Privacy Principles govern the way in which we manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
- Please note that participant contact details will be kept on the online The Clever Copywriting School database, which will only be used by Kate Toon and event staff. Personal bank details and credit card information is not kept on file.
- Unless the Registration Office has received an explicit request from a registrant asking us expressly not to share his/her contact information (through the Registration Form), a list of all attendees’ names, their affiliated institutions and e-mail addresses may be included in the conference attendee gift packs and published on a “Who’s Who” page on The Copywriting Conference website.
- Your contact e-mail address will be used to circulate details and announcements of current and future The Clever Copywriting School news. You may unsubscribe from this correspondence at any time.
- If you would like your personal information record to be deleted after the conference, please notify the conference organisers using the contact form.
- SPAM Act 2003 & Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007: We are committed to observing our obligations under the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you receive a commercial electronic message from us and you do not wish to receive any further messages of this nature from us, please follow the steps outlined in this communication for unsubscribing, or contact us using the contact form.
- Personal Property & Insurance
- The Clever Copywriting School organisers accept no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property that is brought to or left at The Copywriting Conference.
- The ticket holder will be responsible for any loss, damage or injury incurred as a result of contracts entered into, advice sought or obtained from The Copywriting Conference, Kate Toon and/or any sponsor. Any loss or damage to property or persons whilst at the venue, unless caused by the negligence of The Clever Copywriting School, is the responsibility of the ticket holder.
- Ticket registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. We recommend that you obtain your own general travel insurance. It is suggested that the insurance policy should also cover loss of fees/deposit, airfares, accommodation charges, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal property while attending The Copywriting Conference. The insurance should cover loss arising from the cancellation of the conference by the organisers or your inability to attend due to any reason whatsoever. No responsibility is taken by the conference managers for any person not holding insurance.
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the law of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
- Contact Details
If you have any questions about the event, the event organisers, or these terms and conditions, please contact us using the contact form.