Hi, I’m Cal Chikwendu. I write simple, chatty, real words for courageous go-getters who do things differently.
My bag is writing for socially conscious businesses doing good things, giving back, creating new ways of doing the right thing and inspiring others. If you value people | wellness | the planet and want some words written – give me a shout.
It can be a tough gig tackling heavyweight issues to change something in the world. You’re probably super busy blazing the trail and being kickass, so, let me write your copy.
My writing is:
- clear, captivating and professional
- sometimes cheeky
- always natural, friendly and down to earth
- packed with personality
- easy to read, easy to understand and easy to act on
- and, because I’m curious I delve deep deep to check out your thing.
People base their buying decisions on you, the human, not simply your business. I’ll write your copy to get attention and get customers to stick around. Enough so it speaks directly to them. They’ll fall in love with you and what you offer. The words will capture the hearts and minds of the right people. They’ll then share with others and Bingo! Word of mouth is still the top dog of marketing.
6 extra things about me:
- I’m a Canberra copywriter with a laptop and fluffy cloud so I can write for you wherever you’re based.
- You can trust me, rely on me to deliver what you want on time and I’m affordable.
- I’m not afraid to tell the truth. I’m unapologetic and humble. I’m honest and easygoing.
- Eating cake is the best. Exercise is the worst. But I’ve worked in health promotion forever (26 years) so I know the importance of being healthy.
- I also know the health industry uses too much gobbledygook, long fluffy words, jargon and acronyms. [Boring]. Instead, I stick with no-nonsense, straightforward words.
- Proudly an Australian citizen for the past 8 years but originally from Blighty (UK)
Feel free to contact me today.
- Erin Duffy reviewed 3 months ago
It is with much enthusiasm that I am writing to recommend the services of Cal Chikwendu.
Cal recently completely overhauled my website copy and has been responsible for the search engine optimization as well.
The whole process was simple, fast and Cal’s copywriting and optimization, I believe, are largely responsible for the dramatic increase in traffic to my site, and for the resulting increase in profits for the business.
She is so easy to work with, thinks creatively, and effectively communicates her ideas in a timely fashion and even recommended a great and affordable website developer!
She has been a true game-changer in identifying and enhancing the areas that weren’t performing as well as they could have, and thus she has my highest endorsement.
SKIN & BODY Ballina
I’ve been working with Cal for over 2 years. She’s written web copy and blogs for my podiatry business. She is very affordable and is a true professional with great writing skills and a good understanding of SEO. She never let me down with my deadlines or the tone of voice we needed. Cal is down to earth and friendly and a real pleasure to work with. I’m in the UK so we work remotely which means I wake up to completed work. Highly recommended.
Cal wrote our promotional materials very quickly. I was lost with what and how to write but Cal immediately grasped the concepts. Her writing was perfect to attract our kids (teenagers hanging on the streets). She has a great sense of humour which comes through in her writing. She’s lovely and friendly to work with. Thanks so much!
Michelle Kendrick | Founder and Lead | ECHO for young people UK
Cal provided our website with copy that was engaging and pragmatic. She listened to what we wanted to say and responded to all our questions.
Steven Suminguit| Marketing Assistant | IMAE | Canberra
Cal has done several copywriting projects for us including an accredited community health teaching resource; web pages and marketing materials for a young women’s health project and a preventive health program for overweight people. These can be difficult subjects yet Cal’s transparent and sensitive approach, skills and attention to detail made the task easy. The writing she produced really helped engage the target audiences and we went on to win awards for the projects. Cal went above and beyond. Her energy and enthusiasm for this type of writing was infectious. I’d love to work with her again and have no hesitation in recommending her.
Sharon Dale | Project Manager | Derby County Community Trust UK